Well, where to begin?
- Item: Wonderful weather
- Item: Superb setting, castle and cathedral resplendent
- Item: a great cricket wicket, hard but always something in it for seamers and spinners
- Item: peerless hospitality from Jeremy Walker and King's School colleagues. The tea, gargantuan,
- took an hour and tested the willpower of opening batsmen and bowlers to the utter limit. Special mention for sponge cakes and fresh scones.
- Item: the post match glimpse of Arcadia in the gardens at Restoration House, now well on their way to spectacular completion. Thank you very much for their hospitality to Jonathan and Robert.
- Item: proper umpires. John Hawkins speculated that this was because he had given Baxter not out 9 times in his winning knock in the previous year's fixture. These umpires confirmed John's excellent judgement. Baxter (well his pads anyway) survived another 9 or so lbw appeals.